Policy for Rules Disputes?

Hey Newbie, come here first! Introduce yourself and learn about the forum.

Moderator: Discussion Mods

CloudyJoe191988
Jobber

Policy for Rules Disputes?

Post by CloudyJoe191988 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Hey guys, I’m sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I’ve never found an answer to this question. I’m wanting to get back into playing games on the site but I’m pretty sure I got shafted on the rules for the last game I participated in. It was a forum game and I tried to message an admin about it but never got an answer. Not trying to stir up an old pot but I’d like to know what the preferred approach would be to a rules dispute
Here for the games, even though I suck at them

Twitter.com/KnurdingOut

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Re: Policy for Rules Disputes?

Post by Ed Philly » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:32 pm

I’m willing to bet this was Bike! :razz:

Just kidding!

If the person who runs the game doesn’t respond in a timely manner, you can always reach out to @Franchise. He is our fearless leader and controller of Stablewars. He can look into/answer any potential questions or disputes you may have.

Don’t let this detour you. We rarely have issues with the forum games, so I’m hoping this is just an isolated incident.
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:19 pm

The esteemed @Ed Philly is right that I am one of the two Admins, @CloudyJoe191988, with the distinguished @Mackinlee being the other Admin. Having said that tho, the rules of each particular forum game are handled solely by the Gamemasters. So whichever game this was for, the best place to look for any discrepancies or rule challenges would be with the individual Gamemaster for that particular game. You can always reach out to myself or Mack if you get no response and we will try to get an answer for you but the decision is ultimately the Gamemasters. It's unfortunate you had a previous issue that wasn't addressed and I'm sorry to hear that but if you have one going further, we will make sure to get you an answer or have it explained. Most games have instructions in their subforums as well.

If you have any questions, just yell.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

Da Mayer
Titlewars WWE Champion

Post by Da Mayer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:41 pm

If people care, it was for Elimination Wars and I added it all up, the original call stands. I'm not sure what you're trying to mean by you getting shafted by rules, your opponent scored more points because he had people wrestle both RAW and SD! (As did you, its just he had more winners for more points)
Longest & 1st ROH TW Tag Team Champion w/Viper
1st ever TW Divas Champion
1st Person to hold 3 women's TW titles
11x Titlewars Champion
9x PPV Champion
3x SASBY winner

Creating Champions, Becoming Legends.

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:49 pm

When did you run EWars?

PimpinSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by PimpinSmurf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 pm

I think it was for a season Bike didn't finish.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Yea I'm lost, but willing to help.

CloudyJoe191988
Jobber

Post by CloudyJoe191988 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Wow, surprised to see so many responses.

Yes it was EWars. My issue was that according to the rules my last round was supposed to go one week, but it took 3 weeks to get an official score and then when they did I couldn’t tell what week the scores would have been for and while I can’t remember the details a year later I didn’t feel that I should have lost for the week I thought I was playing. So considering I was paired up with the game master who took 3 weeks to score a one week round and then I mysteriously lost, I haven’t wanted to trust any games on the site since.

Sorry if this comes off as a drama queen post, but it was a pretty discouraging way to start off the forum games after faring decently in a couple SW seasons

Twitter.com/KnurdingOut

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:33 pm

I can’t recall any huge issues with correct/incorrect scoring in recent memory. Once in a while there might be a slight error, but when that person calls it out it gets looked at corrected right away. Would be great if you decide to give the games a try again.

PimpinSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by PimpinSmurf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 pm

CloudyJoe191988 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 pm
Wow, surprised to see so many responses.

Yes it was EWars. My issue was that according to the rules my last round was supposed to go one week, but it took 3 weeks to get an official score and then when they did I couldn’t tell what week the scores would have been for and while I can’t remember the details a year later I didn’t feel that I should have lost for the week I thought I was playing. So considering I was paired up with the game master who took 3 weeks to score a one week round and then I mysteriously lost, I haven’t wanted to trust any games on the site since.

Sorry if this comes off as a drama queen post, but it was a pretty discouraging way to start off the forum games after faring decently in a couple SW seasons
I seriously doubt there is any correlation between a late update and trying to screw you over.

If there is any issue maybe Da Mayer (because it was three weeks removed) scored the wrong week? But I doubt that was on purpose.

In the future, if you have a dispute and you don't get a timely response from that gamemaster, contact either Franchise or Mackinlee and they will sort it out. Unfortunately, because it was a year ago it would be very difficult to correct now.

CloudyJoe191988
Jobber

Post by CloudyJoe191988 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 pm

That’s fair, and I wasn’t looking for a “correction”. I was honestly just wondering what the policy was and you guys have answered it. I didn’t expect so many people to try to autopsy it.

Twitter.com/KnurdingOut

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Post by Ed Philly » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 pm

@CloudyJoe191988 If anything, now you’re a guy we know! Despite the unique introductions you should take a look around the other sections of the forum. We have the LNR, for random discussions, we also have live Raw, SD, and PPV threads where we discuss all the action live-ish. There’s also threads for video games, movies, Indy wrestling and tons of other stuff. There’s also a great team here willing to answer any questions (whether you want them to or not).

I look forward to seeing you around!
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:22 pm

@CloudyJoe191988 Sometimes there are some games that are delayed a week or scored late due to the Gamemasters' availability but that is usually not every game or every week even. So I hope you don't let that deter you from playing future games. If there is ever an issue tho, please reach out to the individual that runs the game or make a post in the thread in question. That usually should get you an answer/explanation the quickest but as others have said, Mack and I can assist as well if needed. I will just caution you that some games aren't always scored weekly due to the Gamemasters' hectic schedules and responsibilities outside the site. Most are updated every week with at least a couple days to get picks in tho.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 am

And honestly @CloudyJoe191988 I'm not sure if it was Da Mayer scoring it late. He probably took over scoring so it wouldn't be later than it already was.