WWE Stablewars Season 37 - Final Week Analysis

Moderator: SW Admins

lfpnrg
Hall of Famer
Reactions score: 0

Post by lfpnrg »

An at a glance breakdown of where everyone stands coming into the final shows of the season. All of the top 12 rosters listed below are ECW and Smackdown heavy, with the occasional Triple H, Mickie James or Ken Kennedy thrown in, so the last three shows are going to play a key part in the finish of the season. However at this stage it seems that One Night Stand is a very Raw heavy PPV so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

It looks like it's going to be a race in two though, with The Biznich and Travaughn Will Beat All You Losers a fair way out in front of the rest of the field (3rd placed D-Man's Finest is 22 points behind Travaughn). Here's what the leaders have to offer ...

1st place - The Biznich - 290 points
Kane - Possible SD/ECW matches, maybe a ECW title match added to PPV?
Kofi Kingston - Possible SD/ECW match, usually wins.
Vladimir Kozlov - Usually wins on SD.
Matt Hardy - Usually wins on SD. Not on PPV at this stage.
Mike Knox - Winning lately in ECW.
Natalya Neidhart - Usually wins on SD.
Lillian Garcia - Throwaway

2nd place - Tavaughn - 287 points
CM Punk - Possible ECW/SD matches, #1 Contenders match at PPV
Matt Hardy - Usually wins on SD. Not on PPV at this stage.
Colin Delaney - Won (plus double duty) on ECW last two weeks.
Vladimir Kozlov - Usually wins on SD.
Mike Knox - Winning lately on ECW.
Mickie James - Not on PPV (maybe interference points?)
Vickie Guerrero - Maybe interference points at PPV?

... and comparing the two head to head ...

290 - The Biznich - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Natalya Neidhart, Lillian Garcia
287 - Travaughn - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Mickie James, Vickie Guerrero

... I'd give a small advantage to Travaughn, since CM Punk is actually on the PPV. However if a Kane ECW Title Match (vs Miz maybe?) is added to One Night Stand then The Biznich should stay in front.

For the other contenders, I've compared them to both The Biznich and Travaughn, since they'll have to outscore them both significantly to win :
=================================================================================================================================
290 - The Biznich - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Lillian Garcia
265 - D-Man's Finest - Triple H, Ken Kennedy, Mick Foley

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Mickie James, Vickie Guerrero
265 - D-Man's Finest - Triple H, Ken Kennedy, Natayla Neidhart, Mick Foley

D-Man has Triple H as the difference maker, but even defending the title at the PPV he might not be able to make up 25 points on CM Punk or Kane & Kingston.
=================================================================================================================================
290 - The Biznich - Lillian Garcia
258 - PK - Mike Adamle

258 - PK - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Natalya Neidhart, Mike Adamle

PK can't beat The Biznich since they have the same stable (disregarding throwaways) so he can't win.
290 - The Biznich - Kane, Matt Hardy, Natalya Neidhart, Lillian Garcia
255 - Get The Stables! - Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Mickie James, Stephanie McMahon

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Colin Delaney, Vickie Guerrero
255 - Get The Stables! - Undertaker, Kofi Kingston, Chris Jericho, Stephanie McMahon

Get The Stables is 35 points behind, with The Undertaker as his key player - winning the World Title at One Night Stand will score 'Taker 10 points, as well as 9 points for winning a gimmick match, with finishers and a possible main-event bonus on top of that, but he'd need plenty of luck to make up 35 points, plus whatever Kane or Punk score (with Kingston/Hardy and the women cancelling each other out).
290 - The Biznich - Kane, Vladimir Kozlov, Lillian Garcia
255 - Texas Kelly - Undertaker, Paul Burchill, Vickie Guerrero

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Vladimir Kozlov, Mickie James
255 - Texas Kelly - Undertaker, Kofi Kingston, Paul Burchill, Natayla Neidhart

Texas Kelly faces virtually the same situation that Get The Stables does, needing 35 points from 'Taker over whatever Kane or Punk score , again with Kingston covering Kozlov and the women cancelling each other out.
290 - The Biznich - Lillian Garcia
251 - WWE Superstars - Mike Adamle

251 - WWE Superstars - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Natalya Neidhart, Mike Adamle

WWE Superstars can't beat The Biznich since they have the same stable (disregarding throwaways) so he can't win.
290 - The Biznich - Kofi Kingston, Lillian Garcia
249 - Watsuki - William Regal, Mickie James

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Vickie Guerrero
249 - Watsuki - Kane, William Regal, Natayla Neidhart

With heaps of luck Watsuki might catch Travaughn with lots of Kane title defences over CM Punk, but William Regal and Mickie James wont outscore Kofi Kingston by 41 points.
290 - The Biznich - Kofi Kingston, Vladimir Kozlov, Mike Knox
244 - lfpnrg - John Morrison, The Miz, Nunzio

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Vladimir Kozlov, Mike Knox, Mickie James, Vickie Guerrero
244 - lfpnrg - Kane, John Morrison, The Miz, Nunzio, Natayla Neidhart, Lillian Garcia

lfpnrg is the only stable in the leading group to have The Miz and John Morrison, but they'll need to defend their WWE Tag Titles successfully on just about every show here on out to give him a chance of making up the 46 point defecit.
290 - The Biznich - Kane, Vladimir Kozlov, Mike Knox, Natalya Neidhart
242 - Webber's Faction - Triple H, William Regal, Chavo Guerrero, Mickie James

287 - Travaugh - CM Punk, Colin Delaney, Vladimir Kozlov, Mike Knox, Vickie Guerrero
242 - Webber's Faction - Triple H, William Regal, Kofi Kingston, Chavo Guerrero, Lillian Garcia

Webber has Triple H to bank on, but also has 20 more points than D-Man in third place to make up, and not even Triple H is that good.
Matt Sin and recent winner TEAM D/XTREME are just outside the top ten on 241 points, but they face similar mountains to everyone else with no real standout differences to help them along.

So it looks like it will either be The Biznich or Travaughn taking out Stablewars Season 37, but of those two it is still way to close to call - ECW and Smackdown will clear things up a little, with One Night Stand will be the difference maker so it should be a great finish. Good luck to all.
lfpnrg
Hall of Famer

Re: WWE Stablewars Season 37 - Final Week Analysis

Post by lfpnrg »

... and go John Morrison and The Miz!!!
Matt Sin
Hall of Famer
Reactions score: 1

Post by Matt Sin »

lfpnrg wrote: Matt Sin and recent winner TEAM D/XTREME are just outside the top ten on 241 points, but they face similar mountains to everyone else with no real standout differences to help them along.
*Gets mentioned*

*Blushes*
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

I am in deep shit. I've been top 10 for what feels like the better part of the season and I think I'm gonna drop out. I don't have any throwaways on my stable yet I have ZERO guys on the ONS card. :cuss:
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
The Biznich
Main Eventer

Post by The Biznich »

Seriously, how do you not defend the ECW Title at One Night Stand? Granted its not ECW branded anymore, but they still tout it as the one night where "the WWE gets Extreme." C'mon people ....
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/The+Biznich][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/galaxy/The+Biznich.gif[/img][/url]
Current WWE Champion
(Bitch Stole my World Title!)
Inaugural X Division Champion
WWE Stablewars Season 37 Champion
TNA Stablewars Seasons 11 & 14 Champion
PPV Wars Seasons 6 & 17 Champion
Armageddon '05 PPV Winner
TV Wars Season 29 Champion
Genesis '07 PPV Winner
Backlash '08 PPV Winner
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

Kane is suffering from the PPV Poster Curse it would appear. I swear every time I see Kane on a PPV poster he's not on the card. Foolishness!!!
Ronin
Legend

Post by Ronin »

The Biznich wrote:Seriously, how do you not defend the ECW Title at One Night Stand? Granted its not ECW branded anymore, but they still tout it as the one night where "the WWE gets Extreme." C'mon people ....
Maybe he's not announced on the show for a reason. 4 words - Money in the bank. It's doubtful, but I wonder if Punk's 4 losses in the last few weeks and Kane not announced for the show are a sign Punk loses the #1 contenders match and snaps, then cashes in MITB. Or they could just have Kane say he's annoyed he's left off the card and they say whoever earns the shot gets their title shot on the show.

It is awesome though that Biz has NOBODY on the entire card and he may still win because he's got a big enough lead. That would be one of the best finishes to a season yet.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Fezzik/Rio1.jpg[/img]
lfpnrg
Hall of Famer

Post by lfpnrg »

After Smackdown :

1st place - The Biznich - 319 points
Kane - Not on ONS card
Kofi Kingston - Not on ONS card
Vladimir Kozlov - Not on ONS card
Matt Hardy - Not on ONS card
Mike Knox - Not on ONS card
Natalya Neidhart - Not on ONS card
Lillian Garcia - Not on ONS card

2nd place - Travaughn - 310 points
CM Punk - #1 Contenders match at PPV
Matt Hardy - Not on ONS card
Colin Delaney - Not on ONS card
Vladimir Kozlov - Not on ONS card
Mike Knox - Not on ONS card
Mickie James - Not on ONS card - could interfere in Beth Phoenix/Melina match.
Vickie Guerrero - Not on ONS card - could interfere in Edge/Undertaker match.

So, Singapore Cane match? They use the Cane's as weapons but still have to win by pinfall right?

If CM Punk wins the #1 Contender's match at One Night Stand using his finisher he'll score 9 points, putting Travaughn equal with The Biznich and needing either another finisher to be applied during the match or interference from either Mickie or Vickie during the show to put him ahead. If Punk doesn't win, The Biznich will (*should*) hold on to win the season. (Until Punk cashes in his MITB on the show :wink: )

Watsuki, just wondering what happens if they do tie on 319 points? Is "Wins" an official tie-breaker (Biz has 34, Travaugh has 30) or is it just there as a reference and they'll be co-winners?
Ronin
Legend

Post by Ronin »

Wins and losses shouldn't matter. Getting points is getting points, so a tie should be just that. A tie.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Fezzik/Rio1.jpg[/img]
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

Season 14 Alcatraz and Watsuki tied for first and even though Alcatraz is listed first, the finish goes down as a tie and they are both listed as co-winners.

I'd imagine the same thing would happen here. Co-Winners.
Hillbilly Nick
Post Whore

Post by Hillbilly Nick »

I'd imagine Mickie will interfere in the Cena/JBL match...

Ronin, tell that to the NHL. Tiebreaker goes to the most wins.
Last edited by Hillbilly Nick on Sat May 31, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

Why? I get that Cena helped Mickie that one night, but I doubt she is dumb enough to get in there with JBL. I think something will eventually happen, but probably on RAW. I also don't see why Mickie would get involved in the I Quit match. Now if Beth beats Melina up after the match, I could see Mickie saving Melina, but that won't be worth any points.

I also don't see Vickie getting involved in TLC either. The only matches she ever got involved with physically were the two Edge/Mysterio matches. Unless you get indirect points for her restarting the match or telling Taker he isn't really the winner or champion. In that case she would probably score like a zillion points.
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

DAMN!!! Fell from 6th to 11th at ONS. Just missed a top 10 finish. :cuss:
Matt Sin
Hall of Famer
Reactions score: 1

Post by Matt Sin »

Fell from 10th to 16th.
The Biznich
Main Eventer

Post by The Biznich »

Fell from 1st to 1st.

Heywaitaminute ....
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/The+Biznich][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/galaxy/The+Biznich.gif[/img][/url]
Current WWE Champion
(Bitch Stole my World Title!)
Inaugural X Division Champion
WWE Stablewars Season 37 Champion
TNA Stablewars Seasons 11 & 14 Champion
PPV Wars Seasons 6 & 17 Champion
Armageddon '05 PPV Winner
TV Wars Season 29 Champion
Genesis '07 PPV Winner
Backlash '08 PPV Winner