The Big Dog
Legend
Reactions score: 0

Sorry Bike.. TNA Scoring Question..

Post by The Big Dog »

I just needed some clarification..
Match 4 - TNA X-Division Championship
Jay Lethal def Sonjay Dutt
Jay Lethal hit the Savage Elbow on Sonjay Dutt to retain his title.

Jay Lethal: 9 points for Finisher Win + 4 points for X-Division Championship Defense
Sonjay Dutt: 2 points for PPV Appearance
On this one, I was unsure as to what was decided about the Lethal Combination. Was it not ruled a signature move or was it dropped due to not being used? I just couldn't remember and knew he'd hit it to set up the Elbow Drop.
Match 5 - TNA Tag Team Championship
A.J. Styles & Tomko def Rick & Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner hit a Doomsday Bulldog on A.J. Styles.
A.J. Styles delivers a Low Blow and a Steel Chair Shot to Rick Steiner and covers him for the pinfall.

A.J. Styles: 7 points for Finisher Win + 3 points for Tag Team Championship Defense
Tomko: 7 points for Finisher Win + 3 points for Tag Team Championship Defense
Really? A Low Blow/Steel Chair shot is Tomko/AJ's finisher? I thought it was that Tornado Suplex thing..

And speaking of Tag Finishers.. Sabin/Shelly have been using that double kick combo as a finisher for a while now.. shouldn't that count too? I am not sure how the tag finisher thing works..

Thanks.
I am the head of the table, pal.
GM Bike
Post Whore

Post by GM Bike »

1) The Lethal Combination isn't Jay Lethal's finisher, if you look at the Finishers List it clearly shows that it's the Savage Elbow. The Lethal Combination is his Signature Move, despite the fact that he hit the move during the match you don't get points for hitting a Signature Move in the match unless it finishes immediately following its execution.

2) A.J. Styles & Tomko were award the correct number of points, that's just a typo which I will fix now. A Finisher Win gets you 9 points on a PPV, if a wrestler wins by Pinfall or Submission that isn't their Finisher then they get 7, so I don't see why that is an issue since they still received the proper amount of points.

3) Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin have never finished a match with their Double Kick Combo while the TNA Season has been on. The rule is they MUST finish a match with that Finisher at least 3 times before it counts as a Finisher. So this time will be counted as number one. If/when they finish a match like that two more times THEN it will officially become their finisher, until then Alex Shelley's Finisher is The Shell Shock and Chris Sabin's is The Cradle Shock.

Anything else you'd like to try and point out in the hopes of taking my job one day :wink:.
"Most Decorated Stablewarrior" - Ed Philly
First & ONLY 8, 9, 10, 11 AND 12x Stablewars Champion
29x Titlewars Champion
One of the Longest Reigning Champions of All-Time (1,316 Days)
37x PPV Champion
11x Grand PPV Champion
Too Many Forum Games To Count
Creator of TW MITB

nWo 4 Life 🤘
The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog »

Football Mike wrote:1) The Lethal Combination isn't Jay Lethal's finisher, if you look at the Finishers List it clearly shows that it's the Savage Elbow. The Lethal Combination is his Signature Move, despite the fact that he hit the move during the match you don't get points for hitting a Signature Move in the match unless it finishes immediately following its execution.
Ok, I always forget you have to win with the signature to get the points..

Yea, I remember it was a big deal getting it changed to the elbow drop, as it should be his finisher, I was just thinking you got points for both.. I've asked before in a similar situation. My bad.
3) Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin have never finished a match with their Double Kick Combo while the TNA Season has been on. The rule is they MUST finish a match with that Finisher at least 3 times before it counts as a Finisher. So this time will be counted as number one. If/when they finish a match like that two more times THEN it will officially become their finisher, until then Alex Shelley's Finisher is The Shell Shock and Chris Sabin's is The Cradle Shock.
I've seen them win with it in the past.. do you mean they have to do it three times in the same season before it begins to count?

oh and on the AJ/Tomko thing.. 1) it's not an issue, I don't even have them on my stable (which is tied for 2nd with you right now) and 2) I don't actually keep up with what gets you how many points so I didn't know if it were correct or not, I just thought it odd you'd put "Finisher Win."
I am the head of the table, pal.
GM Bike
Post Whore

Post by GM Bike »

No, MCMG have to win with that finisher at least 3 times on any of the TNA shows in any number of seasons as long as it was done when a season has been in session.

The AJ/Tomko thing was just a typo, it does happen the odd time and more often when scoring a PPV because of all the little things you have to type in.
"Most Decorated Stablewarrior" - Ed Philly
First & ONLY 8, 9, 10, 11 AND 12x Stablewars Champion
29x Titlewars Champion
One of the Longest Reigning Champions of All-Time (1,316 Days)
37x PPV Champion
11x Grand PPV Champion
Too Many Forum Games To Count
Creator of TW MITB

nWo 4 Life 🤘
The Federation
Legend

Post by The Federation »

Right, TNA shows is the kicker though. They can use it a gazillion times on ROH/Indys, it don't count.
I used to post a lot here. Then I took a meme to the cake.
619fan
Jobber

Post by 619fan »

ive personally never seen them finish the match with the double kick they usually get screwed just after that or get a roll up or something
proud member of the UWO

07 judgment day winner

TNA WORLD CHAMPION 10/14/07