TNA Tag Team Titles Registration

Moderator: Scorekeepers

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

TNA Tag Team Titles Registration

Post by Mackinlee » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Mackinlee wrote:TNA TAG TEAM TITLES VACATED

On the One Night Only X-Travaganza taping in March, Eddie Edwards suffered a broken heel. On yesterday's Impact Wrestling, Davey Richards declined defending the tag titles with a new partner, thus the Wolves were forced to vacate their newly won titles due to injuries. Well Dressed Men's Da Mayer and Mackinlee only just won the titles 4 weeks ago, but their reign as champions ends at 28 days. With TNA taping well in advance, new TNA Tag Team Champions have already been crowned. Tapings have been recorded to go as far as May 1st. News has it (though plans could change) that TNA is set to air a live Impact wrestling on May 8th, a week after the tapings end. So to avoid ruining spoilers, we will NOT open registration just let. Registration will be open during the week of May 1st to May 8th. A reminder will be posted when registration is open. :th:

The Impact where the Hardys finally won the TNA Tag Team Titles aired, so registration is now open. Registration ends on May 8th, the first live Impact in forever.

http://www.stablewars.com/tw/tagreg.php?title=nwatag

Good luck. :th:

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Re: TNA Tag Team Titles Registration

Post by legendkiller003 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:26 am

I'm confused. We already had picks in. We need new ones after they were vacated?

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 am

Yes. If titles are vacated in real life, they're vacated in TW. At least that's how Suki always did it unless they were unifying titles. I think there's a rules thread somewhere with it or maybe on main TW page.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:31 am

Yep, Franchise is right. It would have been easy just to accept the picks that were made since the titles were vacated and won within the same tapings, but rules are rules. They were vacated, so ours were vacated. It's not bad tho, as now we got plenty of time to make new picks before the live Impact.

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:37 am

Just to follow up on this, the rules here have a section called 'Further Exceptions' that deals with vacant titles...
http://www.stablewars.com/tw/rules.shtml

That talks about if the title is vacated and a new champion is crowned in the same show. Since they waited a week to actually have the new champs crowned, but it was during the same set of tapings so no way we could have gotten reg up, I wonder if we should talk about tweaking the rule to use those picks in the future. The reason I say that is because that section says this exception is so we don't have a vacant champion during the entire reign but we will here because of the fact they had the tourney during same set of tapings. To me that's kinda the same thing so wonder if we should talk about tweaking that for next time since as now we will have vacant title for possibly months and it's not like we didn't actually have picks to use.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:20 pm

I probably just forgot from all the other times it happened because it wasn't a deal big deal to me. As this time Dub and I had the Hardy's so I thought this whole time the titles were ours.

The Man
Main Eventer

Post by The Man » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:22 pm

If anyone has an open slot to make picks, I'm in need of a few tag team partners.
Current Tag Team MITB Holder (w/ Skylerty)
Longest Reigning TNA Knockouts Champion
Destination X 2012 Winner
No Surrender 2011 Winner
3x MITB Winner

SeeDub
Superstar

Post by SeeDub » Sat May 09, 2015 5:22 am

I guess they're gonna get vacated again?

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat May 09, 2015 10:54 am

I haven't watched yet but I was thinking since we literally just had picks close yesterday, maybe we don't need to vacate them again and then do it all over again? My biggest concern with that is that they are taping all weekend potentially having shows all the way up to Slammiversary and if they end up crowning new champs during the tapings, we wouldn't have any picks for it and would have reg open for like 7 weeks. I know the rule states that we should and that is what happened last time since they vacated and then crowned new champs during the same tapings but we just made picks this time and they're only a day old. I don't know. Let me see what Mack and the other scorekeepers think.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:38 am

I don't think we have to worry about new champions being crowned before Slammiversary.
Spoiler!!! :
Best of 5 series to crown new champions

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 11:56 am

Well if new champs are crowned before Slammiversary, we might as well use the picks already in. But if this best of 5 series ends at Slammiversary, i say open reg. again.
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Does our titles being already vacant make the rules any different? We don't have anything to vacate, so I dunno if that affects the rule of making new picks.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Sat May 09, 2015 3:42 pm

So this is what happened. The Wolves vacated their titles, so we here had to vacate the titles here. During the same tapings (or close enough tapings) the titles were already won by The Hardyz. So we opened up registration when the Hardyz won. Now that registration is closed, The Hardyz vacated their titles.

The titles are already vacated, but under normal rules we would vacate the titles the same as the real ones and open up registration again. However, it would be a lot easier just to keep the picks we got now since the tapings were so close. I'm for either or. It would be easier to keep the picks, but it would be following rules to wipe out the picks and open registration again.

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 3:45 pm

If someone wins the titles on the tapings this weekend, if someone got it right they win the titles. If they don't find new hands, we open registration until Slammiversary. Either way we open registration until Slammiversary, just if someone wins them this weekend the picks count. Make sense?
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:24 pm

IMO the fairest way would be to follow the rules. Especially after all the stuff we did with play-per-view.