TNA Tag Team Titles Registration

Moderator: Scorekeepers

MVH
Legend

Re: TNA Tag Team Titles Registration

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 4:33 pm

In every case there'll ever pop-up, my opinion is to do what's most logical and not follow some rules strictly. Rules can be hampering sometimes.
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

SeeDub
Superstar

Post by SeeDub » Sat May 09, 2015 7:01 pm

But we followed them when they were vacated only a few weeks ago. It sucks to do it again but a title being vacated on TV is almost like a title change and registration should open again.

Watsuki has always said he wanted the game to parallel the TV situation as much as possible.

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Lol. We made a big deal out of the PPV ones and we had endless discussion, voting, and made new rules that have no grey areas. Those included one that said follow to the letter but if necessary, modify them for future PPVs if necessary (presumedly by the same discussion/voting method but not to make a retroactive rule that affected a current PPV). And I think those are great and were necessary.

That said, I believe the TW rules about vacating titles refer to a situation where we already have had picks for a while, such as what happened with the Wolves, and then they get vacated. I don't think we just made those picks when the titles were vacated as it happened I believe 3 weeks after reg ended. In this scenario, we literally just had reg end last night. Also, if you read the rules one of the goals of vacating the titles was to not have to have a situation where there was no chance for a new champ for the duration of the reign. As opposed to the PPV where everyone was directly impacted by the allowing or disallowing of a match to be scored, how much does this really affect the picks we just made? I don't know it does as I knew about Hardy's injury about a week or so ago I believe. Also, the titles are already vacant on the site due to the last vacating so would we be re-vacating them? I haven't seen any spoilers yet so I don't know if they were going to resolve this situation during these tapings or not, but regardless, if we have to open for 7 weeks now, that seems a little insane.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 7:21 pm

We have to open registration for 7 weeks no matter what! The only question is if the titles finds new owners during this weekend, we allow the current picks or deny them.

Edit: Maybe not for 7 weeks, but we have to open registration at some point before Slammiversary no matter what. Either someone wins them on the taping, or we open up for new picks.
I'm here... sometimes

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat May 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Lol probably true about the 7 weeks anyway. With no knowledge of what happened or will happen, I guess I'd probably vote for the picks counting but that's just me. I can see the other side too tho so it's not as clear if a choice to me as the PPV was.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 pm

We might as well wait until the weekend is over to see what happens.
I'm here... sometimes

SeeDub
Superstar

Post by SeeDub » Sat May 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Oh I didn't realise there were so many spoilers out. Still, the picks made were for teams to beat the hardys, not to win a vacant title.

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 8:25 pm

This is why we can't have nice things.
I'm here... sometimes

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Dub has a point as to the picks being made to beat the Hardy's, not a vacancy. I can't imagine new champions being crowned before Slammiversary anyway, so I think registration should be opened for new picks. Is it for sure that these tapings are going all the way up to Slammiversary? If there's more tapings next week then registration could open now and close next week.

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat May 09, 2015 8:53 pm

True. I really don't know the details but I thought there were 4 days of tapings so just presumed it'd go up to the PPV.
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 2x Jobber Wars
- 1x Bracket Brawl
- 2x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Sat May 09, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm for either choice. And yes, they tape until the PPV. They taped 1 Friday, and will tape 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday and 2 Monday.
I'm here... sometimes

legendkiller003
Post Whore

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:18 pm

I was just throwing an idea out there. Wasn't sure what the taping schedule was.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 am

Let's wait a couple days and see then. I'll go with the popular vote.

Macho Maddness
Superstar

Post by Macho Maddness » Sun May 10, 2015 6:37 am

MVH wrote:If someone wins the titles on the tapings this weekend, if someone got it right they win the titles. If they don't find new hands, we open registration until Slammiversary. Either way we open registration until Slammiversary, just if someone wins them this weekend the picks count. Make sense?
I dig this