New Title: Impact Grand Championship Reg Now Open

Moderator: Scorekeepers

Franchise
Hall of Famer

New Title: Impact Grand Championship Reg Now Open

Post by Franchise » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Ok so we've been going back and forth on how to include this but it looks like we've come to a conclusion: we will be adding the Impact Grand Championship title, but there's a catch with how the winner will be determined. For those unfamiliar with the new title, the finals for the inaugural champion will take place at Bound for Glory and the rules are similar to MMA/Boxing in terms of scoring. As such, if the match went to the scorecards after the three rounds with no decisive winner via pinfall or submission, the judges decide who wins. I believe there was only one split decision via scorecards so far but it can happen.

Anyhow, the catch for Titlewars I referred to earlier is that if time is exhausted and all three rounds end before someone is pinned or submitted, the only way you can win the title with the full-time being selected as the time tie-breaker is if you are the only person with the correct wrestler and date that the new champion was crowned. So if for example you enter Wrestler A - BFG 2016 - 9:00 (I believe that's full-time), and no one else does, then you're fine. But if 10 other people also pick full-time as the tie-breaker for BFG, the title will remain vacant or retained (if we had a champion). The reason we're doing this is because we don't want to possibly have 5 or 10 co-champions every time the title changes hands.

Disclaimer: Again this is a mess and sorry for such shitty stipulations but there's no real way to break that tie because most people would pick 30 or 29 as the total points which wouldn't really make the situation any different.

Also, once we see how this goes as I admittedly haven't seen these matches yet, maybe we can add another tie-breaker or tweak how this works.

Picks are due by Sunday, October 10, at 4:30pm Eastern.

http://www.stablewars.com/tw/registrati ... itle=tnagc
Don't hinder The Jinder!

- 5x SW
- 30x TW
- 1x PPV
- 2x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 2x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars