Welcome to Main Event Status ROH

Moderator: PPV Admins

Charlie
Post Whore
Reactions score: 0

Welcome to Main Event Status ROH

Post by Charlie »

Wow, very impressed. Thanks to TK for setting this up.

And thanks to me for balling Watson just right until he said yes. It's all about the cuddles people.

6th Password Clue: It's the amount of WWE Titlewars belts held by your first fallen comrade.

Final Clue Location: I can't spell bologna, or most words on a whole. But head to the general discussion forum or get caught by the mole.
Last edited by Charlie on Fri May 30, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kash was here!
Texas Kelly
Legend

Re: Welcome to Main Event Status ROH

Post by Texas Kelly »

Charlie & Watsuki should get all the kudos for making the main event move happen. I just run the games. :D

Hopefully with the promotion continuing to put out a good product we'll continue to get increased participation in the games as ROH runs more PPVs.

Psst! Watsuki! Any way I could get mod rights on this forum? I kinda can't stick and unstick stuff without them, ya know! :D
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Well I think 55 players for ROH's first journey into auto scoring is pretty good, and there's a few unfamiliar names so we likely picked up a few new players.

The next has to be Stablewars ROH Edition. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of ROH but their demographic avoids WWE stuff and supports the promotion with a passion. We could use players like that. They'll do the recruiting work for us. ROH fans are very word-of-mouthy.
Kash was here!
Texas Kelly
Legend

Post by Texas Kelly »

Charlie wrote:The next has to be Stablewars ROH Edition. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of ROH but their demographic avoids WWE stuff and supports the promotion with a passion. We could use players like that. They'll do the recruiting work for us. ROH fans are very word-of-mouthy.
To be honest, ROH Titlewars would be easier. We'd have to radically modify the Stablewars system to accomodate ROH since we'd be totally reliant on spoiler reports (which don't usually have a breakdown of the flow of matches to keep things like finisher points and interference accounted for) for all of ROH's non-PPV programming. At least ROH title changes - when they do happen - are widely reported enough, and we wouldn't have the scoring difficulties on top of the stigma using spoiler information.

Unless you were suggesting doing an ROH Stablewars based solely on the PPVs.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

I was thinking of a stripped down version of one that didn't including stuff like Finishing Move bonuses and such.

Maybe one that counts houseshows too.
Kash was here!
Hillbilly Nick
Post Whore

Post by Hillbilly Nick »

UFC > ROH
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

You know UFC is fake, right?
Kash was here!
Killer Karpediem
Superstar

Post by Killer Karpediem »

Man, I always thought Ultimate Fighting was real, like pro wrestling, but it turns out it's fixed, like boxing.
Come listen to me on the Trending Topics Netowrk with my show All Beer Inside

Come watch be interview people in the Craft industry on the All Beer Inside Youtube page

Jimthor The Oblong
Main Eventer

Post by Jimthor The Oblong »

Killer Karpediem wrote:Man, I always thought Ultimate Fighting was real, like pro wrestling, but it turns out it's fixed, like boxing.