"Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PPV TO AIR 4/17

Moderator: PPV Admins

Texas Kelly
Legend
Reactions score: 0

"Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PPV TO AIR 4/17

Post by Texas Kelly »

Here is the card for the taping of ROH Caged Collision in Chicago on Saturday, January 31st, 2009:
1. Steel Cage Warfare
Sweet & Sour Inc. [Representatives TBA] vs. Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Erick Stevens, Jay Briscoe & TBA

2. ROH World Championship
Nigel McGuinness (c) vs. El Generico

3. Bryan Danielson & Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries & Jimmy Jacobs

4. BONUS - 10 points
Who will be pinned or made to submit in the preceding match?

5. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kevin Steen

6. Jerry Lynn & The Necro Butcher vs. The Age of the Fall [Delirious & Brodie Lee]

7. "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne vs. Silas Young

8. Rhett Titus vs. Grizzley Redwood

9. *Pre-Show Dark Match*
Egotistico Fantastico vs. Deryck St. Holmes

10. TIEBREAKER
What will be the bell-to-bell time of the Steel Cage Warfare match?
As always, all matches listed will be scored regardless of whether they air on PPV or not. Matches that air on PPV will be doubled in value; as always, this does not apply to bonuses associated with PPV matches.

Make your picks here:

http://www.stablewars.com/ppv/registration.php?fed=ROH

Picks are due Saturday, January 31st @ 7:30 PM CST (8:30 PM EST). Good luck!
Last edited by Texas Kelly on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Texas Kelly
Legend

Re: "Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PICKS OPEN!

Post by Texas Kelly »

Some relevant news regarding the Danielson/Black vs. Aries/Jacobs tag team match was posted today on the ROH Newswire:
It has been close to two weeks since the main event World Championship Match in Edison, NJ between Tyler Black and ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness. Ring of Honor Officials have been conducting interviews in an attempt to determine what, if any, foul play was involved in the 60-Minute Time Limit Stoppage as investigation has determined that the match did indeed end approximately 10 minutes prior to what would have been a legitimate 60 minutes. The assigned timekeeper, Giuseppe di Lorento, was among the first to be interviewed, and as he’s stated publicly, he vehemently believes that his timepiece was registering the allotted 60 minutes when he rang the bell to signal the end of regulation time.

ROH Officials can not find any significant evidence to suggest that Mr. di Lorento participated in any collusion or conspired with any entity to undermine the conclusion of the match in any way. Furthermore, despite rumors to the contrary and seemingly circumstantial evidence, ROH Officials are not able to find any solid connection between Nigel McGuinness himself and the timing mishap. Interviews with David Prazak and Lenny Leonard yielded some interesting information that was ultimately deemed coincidental. McGuinness gave full cooperation to ROH and willingly answered every question posed to him in reference to the event, and regardless of potential motive, ROH Officials can not place blame on McGuinness for what happened. Tyler Black also submitted complete statements to ROH Officials, and while rightfully upset at the outcome of the contest, he could not provide any information that would lead ROH Officials to order a restart of the match, or order a rematch altogether.

ROH Officials realize that these findings will not sit particularly well with those in attendance in Edison that night, or to fans of Tyler Black in general. And while the ROH Booking Committee is not satisfied with the findings of the investigation, they must respect them. That fact, however, does not mean that Ring of Honor will not take action.

The one undeniable piece that contributed to the unfortunate conclusion of that great match in Edison is the melee that ensued with several members of the ROH roster, each of whom has also been interviewed at length. And while ROH Officials find it excessive to penalize each and every person involved in the fracas, they have decided to levy a measure of punishment against the man that started it to begin with. Jimmy Jacobs appeared on the rampway during the contest, which worked as an obvious distraction to Tyler Black & the referee. That action, however, was not of a direct physical nature, that is, Jacobs did not at that point come into physical contact with Black. The man responsible for taking the initial physical action and thereby starting the chaos that ensued was Austin Aries.

As a result of Aries’ actions, ROH Officials have decided to strip him of the ROH World Championship match he earned by virtue of defeating Tyler Black at Final Battle. Furthermore, ROH Officials have decided that the Tag Team match scheduled for this Saturday at “Caged Collision” in Chicago will take on an interesting twist.

The match will still take place; Tyler Black will team with Bryan Danielson to face Jimmy Jacobs and Austin Aries.

The newly added stipulation is this: Whoever secures victory for their team will earn the ROH Title shot stripped from Aries, and they will be able to exercise that shot at the belt at any time or any place of their choosing, with or without prior authorization from ROH Officials.

This means that while each twosome will have to work as a team during the contest, they’re also in essence working for themselves to secure their own personal future. The winner of the match will essentially hold a wild card to “call their shot” at a future ROH Event.

ROH Officials apologize for the unfortunate outcome of what was otherwise a fabulous match in Edison, and hope that in some small way this ruling will right the wrongs of that night. Thank you.
Texas Kelly
Legend

Re: "Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PICKS CLOSED

Post by Texas Kelly »

Two relevant notes from the tapings:

- By mutual agreement among the participants (as a result of the stipulations change), the Danielson/Black vs. Aries/Jacobs match was changed from a tag team match to a four-man singles match. As a result, question 3 will not be scored for the Play-Per-View. (However, the bonus in question 4 will be scored.)

- The one-on-one match pitting "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne against Silas Young was changed to a three-way also involving Kenny King. However, since King did not figure into the decision of the match, question 7 will be scored as normal for the Play-Per-View.
Last edited by Texas Kelly on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoolMoeDee
Legend

Post by KoolMoeDee »

If question 7 is going to get counted, can I ask why my picks show a blank for #7? I'm about 95% sure I picked Payne, (not that it'll matter, cause I did pretty mediocre), but it'd be nice to at least have something showing :razz:
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

The blank names for match 7 have been fixed.
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
Texas Kelly
Legend

Post by Texas Kelly »

Yeah, dumb error on my part. Anyone who picked Payne got a blank selection because I threw the quotated nickname into the answer choice, and the system doesn't do well with quotation marks (double or single).
hackett98
Curtain Jerker

Post by hackett98 »

Is this going to be scored sometime soon?
Hacketts Hotties

1. Blake Lively
2. Emma Watson
3. Ana Ivanovic
KoolMoeDee
Legend

Post by KoolMoeDee »

All the ROH play-per-views get scored after they air, since all the matches that are actually on the PPV get double points for correct picks.
hackett98
Curtain Jerker

Post by hackett98 »

Ok thanks KMD
Hacketts Hotties

1. Blake Lively
2. Emma Watson
3. Ana Ivanovic
Texas Kelly
Legend

Re: "Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PPV TO AIR 4/17

Post by Texas Kelly »

My apologies for the delay in getting this scored. PWT is uber-gay at the moment and still doesn't have a torrent of it up. If any of you XWT folks have the show and can time the main event for me, I'd much appreciate it.
Macho Maddness
Superstar

Re: "Caged Collision" Play-Per-View - PPV TO AIR 4/17

Post by Macho Maddness »

Texas Kelly wrote:My apologies for the delay in getting this scored. PWT is uber-gay at the moment and still doesn't have a torrent of it up. If any of you XWT folks have the show and can time the main event for me, I'd much appreciate it.
17:24